Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Missoni for Target Craze! Did you succumb to it? Missoni Madness!

Unless you have been living under a rock... you surely must have seen the national network's stories on how the Target website crashed on Target Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011. You could compare it to Black Friday with all the madness it created. The website crashed because it was the launch of the Missoni for Target clothing and housewares line. Who would have thought? right?

Missoni was founded in 1953 and is known for its distinctive zigzag patterns. It is a luxury label with the average dress selling for around $1,200. You fashionistas know this to be true.

The line was going to be available at Target for only ONE month. It is no wonder that people flocked to get their hands on some of these high end items with the famous patterns. The Missoni line sold out in hours online and the stores nationwide were wiped clean.

Within hours, Ebay sellers had items on the site for 2-5 times the store prices. The bicycle was so adorable and was selling from $700-$1,000. View the photo further down this page.

I KNEW it was going to be a hit! Missoni with its zigzag pattern costs beaucoup bucks and I was sooo excited to see it was going to have an affordable line even if it was at Target. I was aiming to bag some Missoni for our store and(myself).

I hit the Targets in Indiana, where I was at the time, thinking that they may not be so into Missoni. Wrong!!! BIG surprise when the shelves were literally wiped 90% clean. I did locate some snazzy items. People were literally taking items out of my cart! The nerve of them. I needed security please! Fights were erupting in the store! Oh my! Thank God that I have taken self defense classes.... Came in handy holding on to my loot!

I was able to pick up items here and there and Circa Vintage is now featuring these much sought after items. We have the tights, pillow, notebooks, dress, camisole, hoodie and many more items. I had my sister hit the Targets in her area and one of our store employees, Nicole found a few choice pieces on the west coast of Florida. We love that zig zag pattern! Yay!!!

Boo Hoo... Many people who ordered online are still waiting for their purchases. I tried to buy online that very morning only to have the Target dog letting me know the website was experiencing difficulties. The unprecedented demand impacted the webstore and has affected delivery for those fortunate enough to get their orders in before the crash. Mind you, that all these items are now collector's items since this Missoni deal was a one time deal with no re-orders for the stores. Ebay is doing a brisk business.

The Target Missoni looks like an exact replica but affordable. Were you lucky enough to bag a piece or two? If you were not fortunate to do so... stop by Circa Vintage and check out what we snagged!

Respectfully submitted,

Carol, your fashionista on the move

No comments:

Post a Comment